I adore cookies! Cookie Monster is my favorite Sesame Street muppet. Om nom nom. I am not much of a baker these days, but I used to help my mom make hundreds of cookies for church events – from lebkuchen (that had to be started a month ahead of time), to sugar cookies, currant bars, icebox cookies, shortbreads, thumbprints with raspberry jam, molasses cookies, spritz, ginger bread men, and something she called “snowballs.” See my cookie post from 2012
about those! Ever since I’ve been hooked on eating balls of all kinds!
In 2013, I shared Noreen’s easy recipe
for Oreo Cookie Balls. There was even a video to make prep extra easy!
The 2014 entry was an amazing recipe for toffee cookie balls from Snackworks! With only four ingredients! And three steps! And NO BAKING! I could do that! More balls made of cookies! With chocolate and toffee!
For 2015, I shared something a little more exotic – doggy style cookies
. They still had balls on them!
The 2016 post was an easy no-bake recipe with caramel, chocolate and nuts that turn into TURTLE BALLS!
In 2017, I shared an easy no-bake recipe with chocolate and stuff that turns into RED VELVET BALLS!
Last year, my cookie exchange creation was a chocolatey nutty oaty delight called NO-BAKE MONSTER COOKIE BALLS!
And this year, I am sharing
MELTING SNOWMEN BALLS
- 24 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies/Oreos – divide up into 9 to crush, 15 to top
- 3 Tbsps of Philadelphia Cream Cheese softened
- 9 oz Baker’s White chocolate broken into pieces and melted in microwave
- Assorted colored decorating gels
Also needed – Two bowls, sheet of waxed paper and a baking sheet, plate or platter
1) Finely crush
9 cookies in a bowl then mix
in cream cheese until blended. Roll into 15 balls
2) Place remaining cookies on a waxed paper-lined rimmed baking sheet
3) Melt chocolate – Place chocolate in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2 min. or until chocolate is completely melted, stirring every 30 sec.
4) Dip balls in melted chocolate, place on the cookies on the baking sheet
Use a toothpick to dip the cookie balls into melted white chocolate; shake off excess chocolate then place on remaining cookies.
5) Tap cookies
on tray 3-4 times, allowing excess chocolate to pool onto cookies
6) Decorate with gels into smiling faces
7) Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated until served.
8) Display elegantly on a plate or platter, serve and enjoy!
Makes 15 balls