It’s time for a party! A cookie party! Yum.
A bunch of bloggers are kicking off the holiday season in style with a cookie exchange! Jz from the blog A Reluctant Bitch encouraged us to post our favorite holiday cookie recipe today.
I adore cookies! Cookie Monster is my favorite Sesame Street puppet. Om nom nom. I am not much of a baker, but I used to help my mom bake hundreds of cookies for church events – from lebkuchen that had to be started a month ahead of time, to sugar cookies, currant bars, icebox cookies, shortbreads, thumbprints with raspberry jam, molasses cookies, spritz, ginger bread men, and something she called “snowballs.” I’ve learned many people call them “Mexican Wedding Cookies” or “Polvorones.” Whatever you call them, they are a wonderful little sweet balls of cookie, nuts and sugar. You know how much I adore eating balls! And nuts!
Here’s the recipe and a photo. Enjoy!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, plus more for coating baked cookies
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting hands
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped into very small pieces
You may also see recipes in your favorite blog, or you can see the entire list below! Click for cookies!